Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 15 California!

It's so weird apparently my other posts haven't published and there isn't even the drafts saved :(

I can't use my other phone unless I have WiFi and so I've just downloaded blogger to our American phone... because of camping though I have to be conservative with how much time I use on the phone.... need it to still have power to call out if we need it.

We made it to the coast last night.... We woke up in morro bay California after an epic journey across arizona and the south of California!

Yesterday was full of wind storms, sand storms, rain, and an epic road through the foothills of southern California along hwy 58. Almost running out of gas... 70 miles took us 2 hours :)

I am so lucky.

Today has been so beautiful! Every turn as or more beautiful than the last. I'm finding myself more and more emotional at the thought of meeting my dad.

No matter how beautiful and amazing this trip is... how epic. Nothing will compare to meeting my maker.

No expectations.

I am the luckiest girl on the face of the planet....

I spent so many years feeling sorry for myself.... how could my mother die when I was just 20? Why did I have to feel so alone... my heart broken by every man I have ever met?
So that I could welcome this journey with open eyes and open arms.... knowing that my heart could handle anything.... I am strong. I am alive. And I am so blessed. Forgiveness and love are the only answers to our lives.

Being the fool and loving no matter what the pain or cost..... staying open to wonder. Holding innocence through experience... welcoming the dark with the light.

My night under the eclipsing moon... The grand canyon under full moonlight. Changed me. The half way point. Literally.

I climbed cathedral rock in sedona on Easter Sunday.... I stood in the vortex and felt the wind build around me....  I fought self doubt... I pushed myself... I trusted myself and the earth.... I'm making peace with her... mother nature.

Spending time with one of my mom's closest friends' daughters....who also lost her mother... to show her the deep love.... we've only met 4 times in our lives but we are deeply connected to the balance and through embracing the gift and gratitude of our loneliness.

This trip is so deeply epic.... I am in constant awe of the weather... of the people I surround myself with... of how every moment of my life has been waiting for this journey... and how thankful I am for Brittany.

I will forever be in her debt. She drives. I document. I feel so privileged to be forging ahead ....

I can't believe we have made it to the coast.

I can't believe we are 10 days from meeting my dad. Who am I to be so lucky?

How simple happiness is...  to simply be present to the beauty... to continue to let go of all expectations.... to just be.

The sun is setting to our left.... as we cruise past monteray.... up hwy 1. Thanks uncle Rick for the suggestion.
In complete gratitude for this journey of self love. In hopes that I can share a little bit of my joy and love with all those that traverse this life with me.

As mum would say.
Angels on your pillow.

To the stars and back!
Xo
Amanda Noelle Camellia Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment