Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 28 Vancouver and kelowna

We ended up having to wait 3.5 hours for our ferry to cross back on to the mainland... we got in really late and my phone died, without a way to charging it.... we were so lucky to get a hold of our cousin and her fiancee :) we had a brilliant evening with them and i had such a good sleep :)

We were off the next morning...one last stop at the beach. One gift to pick up...and a few more postcards...

We were so lucky to know people in kelowna...and how gracious they were to host us :) fresh salad and a chocolate pot de creme home made with these amazing cherries on top....i savoured every bite....
And thank god for on demand we caught up on greys and game of thrones :)

Sadly i didnt get many pictures and the visit was too short.

Kelowna. Hard to leave the ocean. Hard to leave the magic. Hard to leave new friends that made me feel totally seen and heard and completely ok to be myself.
It has been 14 years since i found myself in Invermere, BC with one of the most beautiful families i know.

I finished high school a week early to get a job out west. I worked at bow lake for 8 days, sprained my ankle, one of the tourists sprayed bear spray in the gift shop and we couldn't breathe and i was accused of stealing 50$ while running for oxygen.

I was fired.... that day, mom's friends from high school, just happened to be driving through banff on their way to their cottage in invermere.... i was invited to join.

My first morning caesar, dirty scrabble and meeting mom's friend's amazing daughter ..and her boyfriend....

I had worn her daughter's hand me downs as a kid....

I spent Canada day long weekend there...  ever since ive called it gods country.

I ended up getting dropped off at the hostel in banff and finding a job at a place called orca canada...my apartment had bright orange shag carpet and i loved every minute of it.

I got to go to stampede and go to one of the most memorable parties of my life

I haven't seen them since that summer and haven't seen her parent's since mum's wedding day.

Cant wait to see them.

Going back to my adult roots. Circa 2001

Where it all began.

No comments:

Post a Comment