Friday, March 20, 2015

last week - march 18, 2015

Wednesday, march 18- one month from the date i meet Patrick. i got to go for lunch at red lobster with his son/my brother and his wife,  Patrick's brother/my uncle, his neice/ my cousin, her 2 kids, and james.

How fitting we would end up at red lobster....

When i was little there was a red lobster at keele and finch.... we were so poor so mum would take me there for a bowl of clam chowder and the treasure box....

My first date with my brother was at red lobster.

The saddest thing is they got rid of the treasure box!!!!

It was so nice to see them..... its been over a year and a half since I've seen any of them and hadn't even met my cousins youngest kid.

My uncle oliver was the one i called when i was 12 years old....he got me in touch with my brother.... but we have only seen each other a few times over the years...  my dad being the elephant in the room.

My uncle hasn't seen or talked to him since 1989..... so maybe now that i am bridging this gap...healing can happen. Here's to hoping!

My brother told me that he is happy this is happening and that my dad is only now at a point where he is relaxed enough for this to happen... i know so little about him.... so glad I get to meet him now!

After seeing them i stopped in on my friend lori, she is a very special person to me and it was so nice to see her before i go :)

Lori and i have been friends since i moved to peterborough.... our lives are so serendipitous and we have gotten each other some seriously difficult times. Her daughter carissa was killed in a car accident in 2012 and i helped her set up the carissa sepe rainbow foundation. You can join the group on facebook if you would like :)

She is a single mom... and I've spent christmases and summer afternoons with her. We had our picture in the peterborough examiner and we have grown together.

She leaves near the warsaw caves now... my spiritual sanctuary. How fitting to be back there before i go.

No comments:

Post a Comment