Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bobcaygeon to rochester via guelph. Part 1

The past 5 days have been a whirlwind.....
Thursday was a staff meeting and picking up my cat from the vet...finishing all the to dos, packing and putting together some things for james that will help while im gone like a collage of pictures of us and a message i videotaped for him.

Friday i worked until 5, finished up some things and then ended up just hanging out with james and our neighbour ron for the evening... the boys burned our old bed and i played a bunch of the songs i like.

Saturday morning i woke up at 6 to finish my packing and be out of the house by 8... to get to guelph by 11 for one of my oldest friends, kristen's son's (xavier's) 1st birthday party!

Sadly when i woke up it was freezing rain and snowing and it wasn't supposed to let up til the afternoon.

I decided to not push myself and just wait it out. To be honest... it was also really difficult to leave jamie.... so we ended up staying in bed and cuddling, i took him to work and decided to stay until he was done so i could drive him to our friend's (Amanda) birthday party that night.

I spent the day puttering.... and was filly packed by the time he was done work. We left and went straight to Lindsay. It was so nice to see her and her husband and kids and our other 3 friends before i left.... and i finally got the amazing hand knitted hat amanda made for me :) it looks like a rainbow cupcake :) i wear it all the time :)

I waited an extra half an hour so i could see our other friends sally and travis and took off immediately after they arrived..

The action camera Ki had helped me buy and i ordered hadnt arrived .... so another friend sandra offered to lend me her go pro :) which i then had to drive to toronto to pick up :)

It was difficult for both jamie and i to part... but i think we just wanted the parting to be over... so he walked me to my car.... kissed me goodbye and we both went our separate ways....

I found the place i was sipposed to go and it turned out to be near where my mom grew up and where her parents and sister are buried... so i ended up trying to find the cemetery without gps or a map..... i thought it would be fitting.... ended up getting turned around and drove by the house on islington avenue that she grew up on and ended up not getting to the church..   but it wasnt meant to be 

I got to guelph pretty late. Ended up going  out to find a few friends, one of which's birthday was the day before...

Got to see my friend lauren ...who used to work at the convenience store across the road from where i lived when i went back to school to get my sciences...2010 :)

And ran into a few others. Had a burrito :) before heading back to kristen's house.

Fell asleep about 3 am...  up at about 6 because Dennis and xavier were up and i had to see and hang out with the little man.... it had been almost 6 months! Man hes not so baby anymore :)

Cutest thing in the world is watching a 6'4" man walking a 1 year old around the house,  the little one attached only by holding dad's fingers for balance... slept again off and on for the next 2.5 hours and finally got up around 9...and stayed til early afternoon...just hanging out.

Man i love them so much...they have such a beautiful family and a beautiful house and i am so proud of them! And so lucky they are so hospitable with me just stopping in :)

Kristen is 13 days older than me...her mom was one of my mom's very best friend's...she is my sister...my dharma sister.

Ok thats all i got right now... we are in rochester. Right now ...headed to north carolina tomorrow...early leaving and late arriving.

Hopefully ill get to write more tomorrow :)

Angels on your pillow
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment